What is Kombucha you ask? Well, it’s a fabulous, fizzy, and fermented beverage. Kombucha is made by a symbiotic culture of bacteria (mushroom) and yeast, which bring about tea fermentation. Kombucha has been a drink that has been consumed for thousands of years in countries like China and Tibet, due to its medicinal health properties. It is actually known as the “Immortal Health Elixir.”
I know it doesn’t sound all that delicious, but I assure you it’s enjoyable! It's so refreshing and it replicates the similar qualities of a cider.
It's a great transitional drink for people trying to eliminate chemical-laden soft drinks from their life. Who wouldn't want to switch from nutritional depleting cola to a drink that is so tasty it will even improve your overall health?
You can make your own Kombucha at home, but if convenience is the key, look no further than our good friends at RISE. RISE Kombucha is organic, raw, fair trade, and a Canadian product. You know how we love to support local businesses with sustainable practices! RISE has a variety of wonderful flavors we just know you'll love. Mine is the Mint Chlorophyll, and Natasha loves the Hibiscus Rose Hips.
So why should you introduce this Superfood drink into your life? Here are 6 simple reasons...
1. Kombucha improves digestion! Its fermented and therefore contains tons of healthy probiotics which contribute to a healthy digestive system, helping you assimilate nutrients and break down foods better.
2. Kombucha helps you lose weight! When we can better digest our food, we can better assimilate nutrients and when we receive more nutrients we eliminate food cravings and the eating of empty calories. Kombucha also helps to eliminate inflammation within the body. Not to mention you’ll also be replacing your sugary/chemically drinks such as coffee and soft drinks with organic fermented raw Kombucha!
3. Kombucha boosts your immune system, since its rich in antioxidants, as well as by inoculating the gut with healthy gut flora it therefore reduces the risk factors for bacterial infections, flu, colds and infectious diseases as a whole.
4. Kombucha helps in treating osteo-arthritis, as it preserve cartilage and joint degeneration due to its rich content of glucosamine.
5. Kombucha aids in detoxification and the flushing of wastes from the body; helping to restore the normal function of the liver and other detoxifying organs of the body.
6. Kombucha has cosmetic effects too, as it rejuvenates our skin and hair!